Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Fried Dough, Popcorn, Hot Dogs, Oh my!

How is this for the ultimate torture:

I got up this morning around 6:00 a.m. (admittedly I snoozed that button a few times). Dragged myself to work early and started around 8:00 a.m. I worked straight through lunch (eating a vending machine lunch - yum..) and left the office around 6:00 p.m. I got home and went straight into the garden for an hour, then grabbed my kicks to head to the track to get in a quick jog before dinner. There I am starving but trying to get my fat ass around the track because of the nasty, unhealthy, processed lunch I had earlier and what do my wandering eyes see? The high school has a night baseball game going on. You may think, so what? No big deal. But it was a big freaking deal. The moment I opened up my car door, the wafting smells of fried dough, sugar, grease, and junk food from the concession stand that were adjacent to the track almost made me get back in my car and head for the nearest DQ (Dairy Queen to you non New Englanders - actually do they have DQ's everywhere? Shows how ignorant I am of fast food chains...).

So anyways, let me tell you how much effort it took to round that track despite the smells and the people stuffing their faces as far as the eye could see. All I gotta say is props to me. Props to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you. I could never say no to french fries and junk food.

I have no self-control.

Jessie said...

thanks - of course i came home and the hubby made pasta so that was nice :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...