Thursday, April 30, 2009

Where my girls at?

I had a very embarrassing moment at work today that I need to share before I forget. It was around 9:00 a.m. and I was fast at work reorganizing myself, again. I was hole punching a few itineraries. Today I have on my jean jacket with black capri pants, mind you. Well the third punch pressed down on, it came back up and my jacket was caught. I was worried I had hole punched my jacket and started to panic. But then I realized the button was caught inside the device. I tried a few times to unlatch myself but was unable to.

I took the hole puncher, the papers stuck in it, and my stuck jacket and ran to reception to have the lovely Maureen help a sister out. I knew she was the only female around. But Maureen was not at her desk. Slight panicking on my part then ensues. I hear people in the kitchen and jump over there and see who it is. Two male colleagues are getting coffee in the kitchen and I sheepishly ask them for help with my jacket as my face turns bright red. My arm is slinging the hole puncher and the two of them are both cautiously yanking at both. You could tell it was a very awkward situation even though I know both my coworkers very well. I was mortified but luckily after about 20 seconds of tugging and reorganizing they got me unstuck. I need more girls in my office...

1 comment:

Carolyn May said...

This post makes me absolutely so sad for you and for me that I wasn't there for you to help!

It does make me happy to know that you are still using my itinerary binder, though!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...