Thursday, February 26, 2009

My sister and our golf outfits

My sister is a very unique human being. She is 20 and grew up in my shadow because she looked just like me. However I never saw it. I honestly don't think we look anything alike. Anyway, Jodie is so smart. She gets wonderful grades in school and is studying accounting right now in college and some day wants to get her MBA or maybe go to law school. She has yet to decide.

The reason I call her unique is because she is one of those really brainy, book smart kind of gals but lacks the common sense that most of us use on an every day basis. I am in no way making fun out of her right now but it is all in good fun to tell Jodie stories and we're always laughing with her and not at her. I have way too many Jodie stories to count but the reason I am writing about Jodie today is because I got the best laugh I have had in months yesterday because of that of my sister and how gullible she is.

My mom has been dying to take golf lessons for a while now so finally she just decided to go for it and sign up. When she signed up, there was a special that anyone in her family could take them with her at no extra cost. So my sister and I decided to jump in on that to spend some quality time together with our mom and learn golf at the same time. We are all excited knowing how much fun we are going to have. Our first lesson is on Saturday and yesterday my sister was asking me on IM if I was excited. Now, it's very easy to get Jodie going so I decided to have some fun.

On IM...

Jodie: you excited for golf?
Me: yup
Me: i bought myself argyle pants yesterday
Me: they are pink, blue, and green
Me: i got a matching sweater vest, socks, and hat too!
Me: so excited
Jodie: haha shut up!
Jodie: we have to dress up like golfers?
Me: duh
Me: didn't you get the memo?
Jodie: nooo mom and dad laughed at me when i asked what we wear
Me: i got a beret to
Jodie: you're lying!
Me: but i'm not sure if i'll wear it
Jodie: what am i gonna wear!!
Me: get a skort
Me: those are popular
Jodie: you're gonna wear it in the winter?
Me: i got a hot pink one
Jodie: it's cold out
Me: for next week
Jodie: youre a freakin liar..I'm gonna show up all decked out in plaid and high socks and you're gonna laugh at me!
Me: haha, i wouldn't do that...
Jodie: but for real what do we wear
Me: for real
Jodie: fine i'm gonna get a better outfit then you
Me: ha, just try
Jodie: i'm gonna look like i belong on the cover of golfers digest
Me: i will belong on the cover when we are done!
Jodie: did you get gloves
Me: yes, orange ones
Jodie: mom found pink breast cancer clubs she wants
Me: nice
Me: i got yellow clubs
Jodie: you already got clubs?!
Me: yeah a whole set and a matching bag
Me: i went to the the golf store and stocked up this past weekend
Me: it was fun
Jodie: what the freeeak..dad wont buy me anything!
Later on...
Jodie: dad says you're gonna look like a fool on saturday if you dress like that
Me: haha

I didn't think much more of this conversation until later on when I talked to my mom. Apparently Jodie had called her and my dad panicking that she was not going to have anything to wear and they needed to go shopping pronto! My mom wanted to know what I had bought and wanted to know if I realized we were going to be in a warehouse for these lessons.

I was cracking up! I didn't realize my sister had really believed me! She had taken me so literally. She is such a nutcase. My mom and I had a good laugh and then I text messaged my sister to thank her for the laugh. She had no idea why so I told her that she was so gullible and then she realized it. She and I were both laughing hysterically and she was seriously peeved that I had gotten her so bad!

Needless to say I will not be showing up for golf in a queer argyle outfit and neither will my sister. I thanked her profusely for the good laugh and she thanked me profusely for not letting her show up looking like a clown. Our golf lessons ought to be fun!


Jodie, Mom, and Me

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...