Friday, January 02, 2009

London

The English have their ever so cool accents, however an American in England, now that's a cool accent. A few choice phrases that we learned to love and hate.

I had a giraffe. Translation: I had a laugh.

Chav. Translation: The word Jared used every three seconds. It describes someone of low class status. Learn more here.

Chavette. Translation: The female version.

Cocksicks or cocksticks (how I liked to say it) (spelling? too lazy to look it up). Translation: This is part of your butt bone and I've never heard this word before. But since Chris, my MIL bruised hers, every day she went, ooh, my cocksicks. It was hysterical after the second day and we joked about it. Especially when I fell down the stairs and my cocksicks hurt me too. Chris, I hope your cocksicks feels good soon.

Awesome. Translation: Something Americans say a lot. Something that gets on the English nerves :)

There were a few others but I can't remember them all but they contained a lot of double negatives and such!

Did you know in Romford, you don't ever have to leave your house? You can have a few special pleasures delivered right to your doorstep. They have a milk man! Totally cool! Also, Chris had a special girly day for us where we had a beautician come to the house and do manicures and pedicures. After that, the hairdresser came and did our hair. We just sat back and drank plenty of pink champagne and the service came to us. Super cool!

Pink Champagne! So good!


So we spent a day in London. Our first stop was St. John's Wood, my old stomping grounds. It was so surreal to be back there and very sad with out my Lorikins and Danyel. But when I got out of the tube station, it all came back to me. However when I went to Embassy Court, I was shattered! What used to be our old building, has now been reconstructed into a luxury flat building. Oh well! We'll always have our memories!


Embassy Court, the new version.



Me in front of the new Embassy Court.


Don't people have better things to do then decorate their cars and park them in front of Harrods?

The Store, the Myth, the Legend, Harrods!



Me and J doing our thing.

Below is Christine standing in front of a fur demonstration holding up her fur collar.


Liverpool Street Station




Me and Colin posing like we do best. And then Jared got in trouble for taking pictures and we're spent...

We ended our evening in London with some shopping in Covent Garden and a delicious meal in Chinatown. It was a great day and full of memories. I miss London already.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! I wish Embassy Court looked that nice when we lived there!

Carolyn May said...

I believe the correct spelling is coccyx. a.k.a. tailbone.

Unknown said...

backbone = coxyx is your tailbone...too many years doing workers comp.

Jessie said...

apparently i'm the only one who has not heard of cxyx or coccyx, whatever! i like tailbone better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...