Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Pitter, patter

Last night, I'm sitting in my bed and finally relaxing with a good book. I've been reading Eating Heaven by Jennie Shortridge and I love it. So I'm sitting in my fleece nightie, under my flannel sheets, with my electric blanket on, nice and toasty. I'm so relaxed focusing on Uncle Benny and Ellie in my book and slowly wiping tears as it gets intense when I hear a scratching. I ignore it and continue reading. My heart is retching as Uncle Benny battles cancer (in the book of course) and I hear the scratching again. I'm too cozy to move so I just ignore it. When it happens again and again, I start to get annoyed. So I go see where the cat is but don't find one.

Odd, I think to myself, but whatever. Back to Uncle Benny. It's terminal and Ellie has a crush! Ooh, this is getting good. More scratching. What the heck! This is getting annoying. I can't find a cat in the corner there is scratching going on so I'm getting annoyed. Finally I do some more investigating and on the other side of the wall is Sooty. He's on the stairs and I just assume he's jumping up at the wall chasing his shadow scratching the wall. Back in bed, I start to yell at him to cut it out once I hear it continue but not no avail he will not! So I run back over there and grab him and put him in bed with me. A few minutes later, Sooty is curled up in a ball at the end of the bed and I hear it again. The pitter patter of something. Sooty jumps up and runs to the wall. That's when I realize I was yelling at the wrong animal. There is something in the wall! We have 12 rooms in our house including bathrooms so that's about 48 walls give or take. But some little rodent had to chose the freaking bedroom wall!

I was going insane. Every 30 seconds a pitter patter in the wall. Sooty would jump up and run to the wall and stare it down. Jared came up and could not do a thing. So all night long we both tossed and turned listening to something in the wall. All I gotta say is that little rodent or whatever it is better find it's way out of my house and soon. If he does not want to find himself in the lining of a cats stomach any time soon. Of all walls...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...