Saturday, April 21, 2007

Devil Peanuts and My Philosophy

It was finally a nice day out. Of course it had to be a freakin Friday and I had to work along with most individuals…except the folks on April vacation…(not going to mention how jealous I am of you Holly, mom, etc..). Anyway, I had the luxury of working from home which is nice. So half way through the day I brought my lap top outside to catch some rays and still be doing my work. However that only lasted for a few minutes since I could barely see my monitor…

So this is becoming one of those very boring posts so far…but I promise I have a very funny/obnoxious story of the day.

Last weekend I spend the day unpacking our new china. I was so excited to finally unpack the boxes of our new beautiful plates and cups. They are so pretty and they’ve been in the basement untouched until the dining room was finished. Now that the dining room is finished, I can put them away. As a good wife, I took all the cardboard boxes and flattened them down for recycling and took all the packing materials and put them in the trash. When Jared came home I showed him how nice of a job I did and he immediately freaked out how I put all the packing peanuts in the trash without a bag. Honestly I didn’t even think about it. At the time, I just thought I’d throw them in the bin with everything else and there was no need to put them in a trash bag.

After many arguments we just left it that way instead of getting them all out and putting them in the bag. Of course when the trash man came, the peanuts went flying all over the place, just like Jared said they would…

So I spent Friday late afternoon picking up peanuts throughout the neighborhood. It was pretty obnoxious to hear Jared with the “I told you so’s” and of course today I was still finding random peanuts. I’ve decided peanuts are the devil.


My daffodils are finally popping out. I’m SO excited. Here is my new philosophy:

When you are under 12, going to McDonalds, eating candy, my little pony’s, Rainbow Brite and Barbies are the coolest thing on earth. All you care about is being involved with any of those above.

From 13 – 21 it’s all about the opposite sex. Do you have a boyfriend and if not, who are crushing on, DBCing (drive by crushing). If there is any drama at all in your life, which there very well is, it always revolves around the boys. And being with that one guy you think is the coolest in the entire world, the love of your life is the most important thing on earth at that precise moment.

At 22 until you’re married, it’s all about getting your life in order. You gain more and more responsibilities at the same time you party hard core knowing full well this is your time to have fun. You may or may not meet Mr. Right but he’s not the most important thing on your list. You and your career are.

Marriage (24 for me) and up. Life revolves around household chores, paying bills and funding things your parents always did and you never thought you’d be: mulch deliveries, irrigation systems, mortgages, oil deliveries, etc. You’d rather be taking your paycheck and blowing it on your handbags and shoes but those days are long gone. The only excitement you’re getting these days is coming home every day and realizing, yes, this is my home. I own it. I have daffodils popping up everywhere! How cool is that!? Suddenly you’re thinking about your life and wondering how just two years ago all you cared about was buying a new purse for every season and now having a garden and mulching is at the top of your list.

My how the order of your responsibilities and everyday excitements shift as you grow older. Of course, I’m totally buying a new purse for the summer. If I have a nice garden then I need a cute summer purse to walk through it with, right?

More daffodils that will be popping soon!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...