Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Valentine's Day at Our House



The following is an exact replication of the tradition of our Valentine's Day every year and one that happened this year.

February 12:
Me on the phone with Jared.

Me: Are we doing anything for Valentine's Day? Do I need to get you a gift or something?

Jared: No, not doing anything. I'll make dinner as usual.

Me: Okay. We doing cards? Or something?

Jared: No, not spending $7 on a card...

Me: Okay, I got you one at the dollar store so...

Jared: Yeah, I don't have time for that.

Me: No biggie, so should I cancel the massive basket of chocolate I ordered for you?

Jared: I don't need that. Don't spend money like that...

Me: Yeah I'm kidding, I got you one of those Edible Arrangements with fruit since I know you're eating healthy. Isn't that so kind of me?

Jared: No, don't need that either. No need to waste money.

Me: Okay good cause I didn't order one but I thought about it so that counts for something.

Jared: Good.

February 13:
I wake up and upon checking my email, I see a FedEx delivery confirmation. Something from 800 Flowers is arriving today for me. Talk about anti-climatic...

The box arrives and it's 2 dozen red roses (don't think I ever got that before...)

Card reads:
I send a kiss inside the petals of each rose. Love,  Jared xoxoxo

I die laughing, almost fall over. Take a photo and text this to Jared:

"Is this for real? Or did someone else order these on your behalf?" 

"What did you get a Groupon?"

He responds:
"No lol!" 

"Of course I did!"

"By one get 2 free"

And I'll laugh the rest of the day. Thank you dear husband for being you.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...