Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Trump vs Hilary: I Gave it a Fair Chance

Did you watch the debate last night? I listened in while I caught up on work.

I have never thought Trump was a viable candidate for president. In fact, I've been asking my husband for months, when will the gig be up? When will he stand up and say, just joking, you Americans are so stupid! But he's yet to do that. Maybe it is for real...

I heard a lot of crap last night during that debate and I'm not impressed. The one thing that came out of the debate was yes, I still think Trump is a completely ridiculous option for president.

A president should be dignified, gracious, and mature. They should be a true role model and thoughtful leader. They should be able show compassion, consideration, and have manners. They are representing the USA. I wouldn't want the USA to be represented by Trump.

The whole time I was listening, I kept thinking to myself, give him the benefit of the doubt. It's my one fault - I'm always too liberal. Maybe he is a good fit? Maybe I was wrong? Maybe he has merits? Maybe I didn't give him a legitimate chance. However, I'll quote Trump when I say, "Wrong.".

He came out swinging. He didn't answer questions, he was rude, and he didn't sound like a mature, dignified adult. He sounded like an immature brat.

Hilary Clinton was a lady. She was full of grace yet strong. Looking at her and listening to her, she felt like a true leader. Someone I'd want my children to emulate. Does she have the best policies? I'm not sure, but does it matter? How many presidential hopefuls get into office and do exactly what they say? Does she have some issues in her past? Of course. Is the best fit for or country? I'm not certain. Is she a better choice than the Donald? Definitely.

A friend shared this article doing a fact checker on some of the things discussed. If you missed the debate, be sure to check it out as it's very interesting.

At the end of the day, if you want to vote someone who says this, below, I'm scared for our country. Think about it. What kind of world would we live in if our leader truly feels this way? What are we teaching our children.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...