Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Dear Belly

Dear Belly,


First off, I want to take a moment and thank you. Thank you for hosting my two babies inside of you for 40 weeks each. And thank you for keeping them safe and healthy during that time not to mention super comfortable since neither of them were too anxious to leave you. You provided them with the best possible spot to grow and become human so thanks for that.


I also wanted to say I understand how hard it was for you to stretch the way you did. Being only five feet short, there wasn’t much room for my babies to encompass so you stretched out like a champ! Impressive for sure!


You also took two injections every day during both pregnancies which I commend you on. No one likes needles so getting shot up twice and bruising like a mother f’er was very brave of you. I’m sure you’ll never forgive me for those shots so try and accept my most sincere apology if you can.


I also should apologize for the stretch marks and the moon/star tattoo that will never look the same again. Let’s face it, you went out of your way for my babies and I totally get you are forever changed. Again, I’m very sorry.


I just wanted to tell you (and myself I guess) that I’m okay with you. I’m okay with the fact that you, my belly, will never be the same again. I'm okay that the squeezable flab hanging over my cesarian scar, that is you, forever. I can’t change the fact that you are there and that you gave up everything to have my babies. I can do crunches and sit ups until the cows come home. I can starve myself or just eat super healthy. However I understand that you’ve been through too much. Nothing I can do aside from liposuction and a tummy tuck (neither which I’m willing to do) will get you back to your teenage tautness.


I am over it. I will adjust my attire accordingly. I will strive for the rest of me to be healthy and as lean as possible. You can stay as you are. Saggy. Stretch-marky. Floppy. Always there.


Thanks again and I truly am sorry. But my two kids are worth it.


Sincerely,

Me

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...