Tuesday, November 03, 2015

Proud Parenting Moment

I have to take my daughter somewhere. Long story. Nothing bad...!

I reminded her today about it and I asked her how she'd behave.

She said: I'm going to be friendly, kind, and respectful.

I just watched her in awe as she, without being prompted, spouted out those three amazing adjectives.

When my daughter talks like that, it makes me so proud of her and of me. I have done something right. Being a mother is tough and there is always a fine line of having fun and being their friend as well as teaching them those three things.

If that is all I've taught her throughout the years, I feel my mission is accomplished. Being friendly, kind, and respectful will surely take her places.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...