Thursday, April 16, 2015

What Do You Say?

This week I was in Bristol visiting my mom when the verdict came in. Aaron Hernandez was convicted of first degree murder and sentenced to life without the possibility of parole.

I grew up in Bristol where Aaron grew up. My mother works at the same school his mother works and they are friends. This whole fiasco has been a nightmare for his mom and my mother feels for her as do we all.

What do you say to her? I just pulled out my little stationary cards to write her a note to let her know I'm thinking of her. You can't say you're sorry your son is a convicted murderer. You can't say you're sorry he'll never live another free day in his life. You can't even say you're sorry. So what do you say?

People were so caught up in this trial. If Hernandez did kill that man he's got his punishment. If he didn't, he's stupid for not just telling the truth of what happened. Either way, I feel no one will ever know what happened. And regardless, he's paying for the crime. I feel so bad for his family and know that the town I grew up in did not cause this.

So, Mrs. Hernandez, I'm so sorry this happened to your family. I'm sorry you'll forever wonder what did actually happen that night. And most importantly, I'm sorry your son wasn't who you thought he was. Now everyone go about your business and leave the family alone.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...