Tuesday, May 20, 2014

My Mind Was Blown This Morning

I was listening to Elvis Duran and the Morning Show this morning as everyone should be every morning because they are awesome. And if you don't listen to them, you're totally missing out and need to get on that asap.

In any event, on the show this morning was Matthew Hussey, an adorable Brit with relationship and people advice. He said something that totally blew my mind. He was so raw and honest about something I can totally relate to that I almost drove off the road.

He said nice people finish last. Nice people are the most dishonest people. They are people pleasers too afraid of being honest and they try hard to avoid confrontation. So if you're nice, you're not kind. There is a big difference. You are being nice for selfish reasons when in fact you're not doing anyone any favors by being dishonest.

Mind blown.

I never thought of myself as nice - I'm too humble for that. But I know I'm a people pleaser. And I know I don't speak the truth if it will hurt someone. I know I hate confrontation. Now I know I'm really a dishonest person.

Dishonest = nice. It's a pretty simple concept yet one I never imagined before. Now I feel awful. Really. I feel awful. I'm not only hurting myself by being a people pleaser but hurting others too. But how can you overcome a characteristic you've been for 33 years? I don't know but I will try.

Anyway, as I said, my mind was blown today. Will try harder to hurt people lol!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...