Wednesday, April 23, 2014

May 1st is Coming

May 1st is next week. I'm very excited but it's also an emotional day for me. May 1st is the day my beautiful girl was born. Not only is a day to celebrate her turning another year old but we are celebrating a long, scary journey of birth and life. You may recall my not so fun birth story.

Each year on May 1st since, I have taken the day off and me and Lyla spend the entire day together doing fun things. There is no greater bond than a mother and child and I feel like on that day when we first got to meet it was one of the most amazing days of my life. It will never be just about a birthday or about a literal birth day. But about how much we struggled to get her out, how badly we wanted her, and how much we've loved her since.

May 1st is the anniversary of our first meeting. It is the anniversary of my first day being a mom. It is the anniversary of us being a family of 3 for the first time. It is a day I'll never forget and always remember lovingly.

And of course May 1st my baby gets older and older. This year she will be 4 years old. Just saying it gives me a big lump in my through. I just can't believe it. It seems like just yesterday she was 3 and we brought her new birthday bicycle to the beach to ride it for the first time on May 1st.

Or when she was 2 and Jared and took her to the children's museum for a fun day of play on May 1st. I remember sewing a number 2 on her shirt to wear for the day and she looked so darn cute.

Or when she was 1 and we spent the day at home playing with balloons all day long and eating junk food.

May 1st will always hold a special place in my heart.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...