Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Count Your Blessings Wednesday

Today I am grateful for fate. I totally believe in fate and the fact that everything happens for a reason. I'm always curious what is going to happen next or why things are or aren't happening to me. Then I remember, there is a reason for it all.

The hard part is determining when fate will do it's magic or when you need to intervene and make things happen yourself. So many things in my life happened because of fate; because they were meant to happen. Every one single decision I've ever made in my life has become a path to where I am now. If I go back and have regrets or wish I'd taken a different road, it always comes back to then I wouldn't be married to Jared and we wouldn't have Lyla.

I'll never forget the day I was driving to the mall and talking to my friend. I was dating Jared and it hadn't been too long. After just having come out of a five year relationship from high school and through college, I was in no hurry to settle down and find the one. I wanted to be on my own, I had plans for traveling and exploration, and I didn't want my heart to be broken again. I couldn't decide about Jared. It was complicated because he was from England and not a citizen. Our relationship was stressful from the start. I yelled out loud, I just need a sign! Is Jared who I'm supposed to be with! I came up over a hill and there staring at me right in the face was a giant FORD sign. They had just put up a new Ford dealership on my route to the mall and the sign was the biggest sign I'd ever seen. I was dumbfounded because first of all, Jared's last name is Ford and second of all, I wasn't expecting a literal sign. It was right then I realized the universe was obviously talking to me at the right moment - I had just asked the question and there was the sign and it wasn't a Chevy sign, it was Ford. Couldn't have been more obvious!

That day, fate intervened and changed all of my plans. I decided to let my guard down and fell in love with Jared. We got engaged, I moved in, and I took all the savings I had for traveling the world and started paying bills. That one stupid dealership sign was the one of the biggest changes in my life. Not that I regret anything but what if it had been a Chevy sign? I'd have to go find someone named Chevy!

In any event, I'm grateful for fate and what's been done can't be undone. I look forward to all the new adventures I am bound to have as I follow my heart and the signs.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...