Sunday, July 21, 2013

15 Seconds of Panic

I had one of those panic moments tonight. On my way to bed I stopped in Lyla's room to check on her like I do every night. But when I went in there she was not in her bed.

I looked around the room hoping to find a sleeping hump of a kid somewhere on the floor or in the corner but nothing.

In a span of 15 seconds my mind went from normal to overdrive panic. Names like Elizabeth Smart and Jon Benet Ramsey came into mind. Is my little girl gone? 

My heart was racing and I almost cried. All in 15 seconds.

I ran to my room just in case, and there under my covers, sound asleep was my little girl in my bed.

My stomach literally dropped in relief as I looked at her cute sleeping face unable to imagine the unimaginable that could have happened. 

This was the first time she ever did something like this so I was rightly scared and I'm sure it won't be the last.

Thank God.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...