Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Tasty Tuesday - Chocolate French Toast

For her birthday last week, I baked chocolate french toast and boy was it tasty! Something about having the day off to spend with my girl, baking in the kitchen at 7am, and having a beautiful result made me feel a tad like June Cleaver or Betty Crocker. I kind of enjoyed it!  No, that's a lie, I loved it!  So freaking good!

This is the recipe I used.

I really would have added whipped cream to them and sprinkles for Lyla but I had no cream and didn't have a chance to go to the store. One tip, make sure you combine the cocoa powder and sugar together before you mix into egg. And make sure you mix batter each time before dunking in the bread. I found the white bread I had to be really tasty. Plus I took off the crust to make it more pretty!

For the garnish I did a pretty swirl of chocolate syrup, powdered sugar, and strawberries. Totally unhealthy but so yummy!





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...