Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Count Your Blessings Wednesday and Happy Birthday Lyla!

I am a basket case.

Really.

Today my child is three years old. Where the f&^%$@@#%^&*ck has time gone?!

Last night I was singing her to sleep like I usually do and but this time I was holding back the tears. On the third verse of Edelweiss, I forced myself to get a grip! I hugged and hugged her. I gave her lots of kisses. She asked me to rock her to sleep, obviously I obliged.

I told her I was sad. She looked at me with a serious face and said: Mommy, why are you sad? I told her she was growing up too fast and I wanted her to stay little forever. She just hugged me so tight and told me she loved me.

I am so proud of her. She is a wonderful little girl already. I know she will be a wonderful young woman some day. I just hope that some day takes a while to get here.

Today I'm grateful for my little girl who I love more than words can describe. Today I'm thankful for three years ago today when I did the greatest thing I've ever done in my life; experienced the miracle of birth.

Happy birthday my little princess!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...