Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Tasty Tuesday - Oreo Truffles


I found this Oreo Truffle recipe and thought it looked easy enough to be a sweet treat for the husband on this upcoming February 14.  We don't really do gifts but I always like to do something nice for him.

I had the recipe ready to go but because of the storm, Jared had to actually pick up the ingredients for me (though I told him he couldn't know why!).  But when I got ready to make them, the reviews starting freaking me out.  Was I wasting my time? Would they be crap?  After googling a few other Oreo Truffle recipes, they all seemed consistent so I just decided to just go for it.

It was not difficult at all. Especially because I had one of those mini chopper thingys so I didn't have to bash the cookies by hand (can you tell I'm a kitchen pro...) (oh and husband says it's a mini blender or mini food processor - or PROcessor as the Brits call it). I decided to halve the recipe as I didn't need 3 dozen truffles in my house. But I did use all the Oreos because I wanted to coat the entire outside of the truffle.

Here is how they turned out.  They were pretty tasty if I do say so myself.  And because I couldn't wait until Thursday, let Jared have his gift last night.

One tip... make sure you mash up the cream cheese and oreos very good because I took a bite of one and there was a huge chunk of cream cheese - oops!





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...