Wednesday, December 19, 2012

A Letter to Those Who Need It

Dear Sad, Lonely, Depressed, Unhealthy Youth,

I don't know you.  Perhaps many people don't.  You may be a smart and promising individual yet weighed down by things you don't understand.  There are not many people in your life who really care about you and for that I'm sorry.  But there may be many people out there that want to care about you.

You've grown up in the background watching life go by instead of being a player in your life.  Why?  Perhaps you were too shy?  Maybe you were bullied or always put down?  It could be just as simple as having a low self esteem or some type of disability.

I am sorry.  I am sorry you have no one to turn to.  I am sorry you are sad and lonely.  I am so sorry you feel worthless.  I feel sad for you and wish things were different for you.  You see, I'm a caring person.  So even though I don't know you personally, I know you are out there and if you need someone to care, I do.

But most importantly, the purpose of this letter is to give you hope.  There is a light at the end of the tunnel as cliche as it sounds.  I've been in a dark place once too and when it seemed the hole I was living in couldn't become deeper or more wide that was just when life happened and things turned around.  I made it out okay and I know you can too.

By no means am I saying this is easy and it just happens because that is not the case.  Anything in this world that you want you must work for.  If you work hard you can achieve anything.  And I know just getting to the point when you feel you can make a change is the hardest part so this is why I'm writing to you.  I'm here to give you hope and courage to make a difference right now.  Don't wait for a new year or a new week or even a new day.  No matter when you're reading this letter you can make that change right now.  Realize that there are other people out there wanting to help and care.  All you have to do is find them.  

So when it seems you are at a loss for what to do next, don't ever think it's time to give up, do something tragic, or take the easy way out.  Know help is out there and people do care.  Just ask and keep moving.  It will get better, you'll see.  I promise.

Sincerely,
A random girl that cares about you

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...