Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A Heavy Heart

My blog has been on hiatus as I attempt to finish up so many last minute Christmas errands (because I'm WAY behind!). I have lots of stories coming your way, including:  another Christmas tree saga (yup it happened again!), some holiday lights photos, and even a guest post.  Someday, you'll get to read them all!

But for now, I'm doing my best to float through life unscathed after this school shooting that happened last week.  And you all must know what I'm talking about so I don't want to hyperlink to some sad story about the shooting of more than 20 people including so many kids at a sleepy, Connecticut town.  

I have things to do, work to report on, and so many other things yet I can't help but worry about those poor families who have lost someone. Especially those little kiddos.  My heart is breaking for those families.  Every time I give Lyla a hug or kiss or she does something super cute or silly I want to cry.  So many what ifs out there that I'm sure is plaguing so many other parents.

I'm not going to sit here and blog about about gun control, school safety and the like.  I'm just going to be here and be sad.  It's all I can do.  I am praying for the families, we've donated money, and I am doing my best as a parent to make sure Lyla is safe as best as I can.

With a heavy heart we will all have Christmas and feel blessed for what we have.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...