Thursday, November 29, 2012

I am Thankful: For what I have right now

I am thankful for so many things.  And to show my gratitude to the inventors of Thanksgiving, I will post every day during November to share all I'm thankful for.  We should be thankful for what we have every day of our lives and I'm hoping my posts will inspire you to do the same!


Every day it seems I am wanting more. I want another baby. I want more hours in the day. I want more rest time.  I want a dog.  The more I do this the more I realize I never sit down and am grateful for what I have right now.

Things didn't work out according to plan. Or at least I think there was a plan at some point.  Maybe?  Well my plan definitely wasn't to be a 31 year old Director, working from home with one child, a husband, and living in East Lyme, CT.

My plan was like this:
1.  Go to college for something, had no idea for what...
2.  Work my butt off during college to earn as much money as I can.
3.  Graduate.
4.  Buy a one way plane ticket to Norway and tour the rest of Europe I hadn't seen yet on my own.
5.  Wander around until I ran out of money (was hoping for 6 months at least...) and then come home.
6.  Get married and have babies and then turn 30.

So yeah, my plan didn't work out.  I never got to travel.  You know, that little open heart surgery I had...

I met my husband and we waited to have kids.  Now I'm working and things are just going not according to the plans I had made.  I guess more often than not I hear myself feeling regret and saying the coulda, woulda, shoulda. 

But if things had gone according to plan, I'd have not met Jared and I'd not have had Lyla.  Things always work out one way or another.  I need to take a step back and stop feeling regret and just be grateful for the things I do have.  Even though I'm a planner by nature in every thing I do, you can't plan life.  Things always get in the way.

I'm thankful for who and what I have in the here and now.

A song I forgot that I love I wanted to share today.

1 comment:

Blogger said...

Find out how 1,000's of people like YOU are working for a LIVING from home and are living their dreams right NOW.
GET FREE INSTANT ACCESS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...