Saturday, November 03, 2012

I am Thankful: for Power!

I am thankful for so many things.  And to show my gratitude to the inventors of Thanksgiving, I will post every day during November to share all I'm thankful for.  We should be thankful for what we have every day of our lives and I'm hoping my posts will inspire you to do the same!

We finally got power back on Thursday afternoon.  I was so grateful and a lot dirty!  I was so happy the town responded faster to power outages in my area because going another 10 days without power would have been nightmarish, especially with the cold weather coming in.

No power for us means:

  1. No electricity.
  2. No Internet.
  3. No flushing toilets. 
  4. No running water.
Good times!

Luckily we had a generator so we didn't lose the things in our fridges/freezers.  Jared stock piles frozen meals he cooks so if our chest freezer was lost, hundreds of dollars of food would have gone in the trash.  

The worse part was running water.  Not being able to wash my hands, take a shower, flush, etc was awful.  I was able to do sponge baths and wash my hair with cold water.  Eventually Jared bought a electric cook top so we could warm water to clean up.  

But in any event, I'm so thankful for power.  We take it for granted every time we switch on a light, we turn on the TV, or we open the garage door.  I couldn't imagine living without it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...