Friday, November 09, 2012

I am Thankful: For my mom


I am thankful for so many things.  And to show my gratitude to the inventors of Thanksgiving, I will post every day during November to share all I'm thankful for.  We should be thankful for what we have every day of our lives and I'm hoping my posts will inspire you to do the same!

Today I'm thankful for my mom.  I'm thankful for my mom every day but today is her birthday so I'm extra thankful for her!  I love my mom.

My mom and I talk every day.  Sometimes 2-3 times a day.  We just check in and say hi. It's such a huge part of my life and I'll never stop it; even though some people think I'm weird!

I can't imagine not having my mom in my life. I know some people who are estranged from their moms, some people who have lost their moms, and some people who can't be bothered.  My mother gave me life, took care of me, raised me so well, and is alive to tell the tale!

Most importantly though, my mom is the most selfless person I know.  She only does for her kids and Lyla and never herself.  It's admirable, really, and I find myself becoming her.  Not because I want to but because she instilled in me the most dear values I could have learned: Family and most importantly your children, come first.

Unfortunately my mom lost her mom when she was very young and I never got to meet her.  We don't talk about it but I admire my mother for being so strong and brave for making so much of her life without her mom.

She is truly inspirational and I could go on for days!  But that's all you need to know.  I love my mom and I am entirely grateful for her every day.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also am grateful for your Mom! She is amazing! Brookie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...