Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I am Thankful: for my Husband

I am thankful for so many things.  And to show my gratitude to the inventors of Thanksgiving, I will post every day during November to share all I'm thankful for.  We should be thankful for what we have every day of our lives and I'm hoping my posts will inspire you to do the same!

Today I am grateful for my darling partner in life; Jared the husband.  It's not every day I sit here and am thankful I have a husband who does all the cooking, takes care of the house, cleans the bathrooms, does the grocery shopping, and is so creative and hard working.  I truly love him dearly and am grateful he's in my life.

I found an old journal from when we first started dating so I wanted to share a passage:

October 10, 2004

It's been a crazy week and despite all, I've realized I'm in love with Jared and if he loves me I'll marry him so he can stay in the country and I've actually been sleeping because of this.  This is craziness I know but I know that since the first time I met him, he was the one for me.  I haven't talked to Jared about this yet.  I have no idea how he feels about this.  So I'm gonna do the good ol' pro and con list to weigh all my options about Jared.  

(and just to make you giggle, some of the pros and cons!)

Pros:
I think I'm in love with him.
Go to the UK a lot!
Tonight he just said (on the phone mind you) he loved me and like a dumbass I hung up!
I've been nicer to Jodie (my sister)
(the last line, added later)  He asked me to marry him, I said "yes"

Cons:
I'm not the healthiest person.
What if he's not honest and uses me?
He double dips!
Don't know if he wants to marry me...

(My brief stint of poetry followed)

The One
If only you could understand
If you knew how you make me feel
The warmth you send when you hold my hand
It means to me a great deal

I love the lines your smile makes
The way your eyes shine bright
I love the length of time it takes
For you to start dreaming at night

Not a minute passes in the day
When I have to wake up and realize
For my thoughts always drift your way
And I get that dreamy look in my eyes

I'm so lucky that I've found you
I was praying for you a ton
You are lucky to have found me too
For I think you are the one


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...