Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Synced Up

This summer has been hard.

There were so many things going on in our lives - so many things, that I felt Jared (the hubs) and I were really out of sync.  Really out of sync.  We argued.  We were very stressed out.  We both had/have issues with our jobs (albeit on totally different ends of the spectrum).  We were trying for a baby and failed (but that's all I'll say on that front and yes we will try again at some point).  I had/have health issues, Jared had his too.

Suffice it to say, we've not been at our best.  Through the ups and downs, we've still managed to move on with our lives and try to make the most of our time together.  Some days are better than others and that is so true for many marriages.  Marriage is hard.  They don't tell you that when you're saying I do.  It takes hard work for both parties and the most important thing is to meet in the middle, somewhere.

The hardest part for us lately is having fun.  We aren't having any fun.  We still struggle every week to find time for just us to have some fun.  I haven't laughed with my husband in a long time and that is very sad.  This past weekend we managed to give Lyla to my parents for the night and we went to a movie and dinner and spent Sunday in the city with friends.  We definitely had fun and it's something we need to do more often.  We need to sync back up.  

Tonight on my way home from work, I passed Farm to Hearth.  They make wood fired baked bread that is so delicious.  They recently moved so they are right on my way.  As I drove past I saw a sign that they had fresh bread 4-7pm.  I quickly made a U turn and went back to it.  I went it and happily bought a still hot from the oven focaccia bread and my stomach ached the whole way home.  It smelled amazing!  I couldn't wait to try it out with Jared as we'd tried to get bread from there before but they were sold out.  I called Jared to hurry up and get home so he can see the surprise I had. It was seriously the highlight of my night!

Jared came in with Lyla and I showed him the bread (which I'd already eaten a piece of cause I had no will power!).  He had a little white bag and pulled out something.  He opened up the wrapper and revealed a gourmet caramelized onion cheddar cheese wedge; our favorite cheese from The Blue Squid by his work.

We looked at each other and smiled.  We were synced up. I didn't know he had bought the cheese and he had no idea I had brought the bread.  We ate every last bite - giving Lyla some of course!  It was an amazing adhoc dinner.  

I think we're going to be fine.

What do you and your spouse do for fun?  We need to have more fun!

PS:  The good ol' days of fun!




Here. lol!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...