Sunday, September 02, 2012

Dear Lyla

Dear Lyla,

We had the best time today!  I just laid you down to sleep and I have to write it all down so I don't forget any minute of it.

Daddy was having a guys night so I decided to take you out.  First we went to the museum where you played for an hour.  You had so much fun pushing the cart around and making me dinner in the pretend kitchen.

Then I took you to this cool park we'd never been to.  You had so much fun running around, practicing on the balance beam, swinging, going down the BIG red slide, and just running wherever your little legs could take you.  But when it was time to go you were so good and followed me, happy as a clam.

After the park we decided to go look at some boats and have dinner at a roadside lobster roll shack.  As we waited in line, the greatest, most sweetest thing happened. I was holding you and out of the blue, you put your hands on my face, squeezed, and said:

"Mommy, I love you."

And then gave me a big kiss.  It was the greatest mom moment. I was almost in tears.  It was incredible.  I just love you so much; to the moon and back!

We spent the long line doing nosies, eyeies, cheeksies, etc.  We had a blast.  Then we sat down and ate all our food while we watched the boats sail by.  When we were done, I told you we'd get ice cream but the cart didn't take my card.  You were so sad but again were such a good girl and understood you'd have to wait.  On our way out, a very nice lady gave you a dollar to get an ice cream and you were so polite and grateful.  There really are nice people in this world still.

The whole way home we sang songs and talked about all the fun we had.  It was a great night.

Now you're upstairs in your big girl bed sound asleep and you probably won't remember this day 10 years from now, but I will.  The first time you said you loved me without being prompted.  The special night we got to have fun just the two of us.

I love you too much.

Love,
Mommy








1 comment:

christina said...

Love!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...