Thursday, July 26, 2012

Count Your Blessings Wednesday on a Thursday...

I'm in Minneapolis today and was yesterday as well so I didn't get to share my blessings!  How dare I...

The fact is I got up at the ass crack of dawn yesterday to catch a 6am flight bound for DC and then Minneapolis where I attended/worked a small conference.  I even gave a 15 minute talk about my project and participated on a panel. I was so nervous!  But I'd like to think I did well.  My coworkers said I did and that is all that matters.  I could talk to a room full of strangers without flinching however talking in front of all my intelligent coworkers changes things a bit!  

A partner of ours has actually asked us/me to take part in a panel at SXSW13!!!  Can you believe it?  Going from working at home mom minding my own business to talking at SXSW is ridiculous.  In any event, I'll keep everyone posted on how it goes and if I need you to vote for me.

Today my sister and I are spending the day at the Mall of America.  I'm SO excited. I don't know why. Jodie and I are notorious for mall headaches.  Whenever we go, about 15 minutes in we both complain of mall headaches.  I suppose at this gigantic mall, it may take us only 5 minutes!

I think I'm also excited because it's a huge landmark in the US, the biggest mall.  Check out the numbers.  7 Yankee Stadiums can fit inside the mall!  Personally I want to know how the found this number:  170,000+ Legos have been lost in the Lego play area.  Seriously, how does this stat come to be? 

In any event, we're really looking forward to hanging out today and I want to be that corny tourist who buys the:  I bought this t-shirt at the Mall of America! shirt.  

So I'm grateful I have this opportunity to spend time with sis at an all-American locale.  We are bound to have stories and empty wallets!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...