Thursday, March 01, 2012

Oh the dreams you'll have...

I'm on my way to work listening to some music.  In my head, a million things are going on. I'm listing out all the things I have to do today.  I'm imagining if the weather will be nice enough to walk to get lunch.  I'm hoping I can get home early to have dinner with Lyla.  All of a sudden, there is a traffic jam in front of me.  I can't figure out what is going on so I turn on the radio.  All I can find is music wondering what the heck!  Always music when you want news and always commercials/news when you want music!

A lady gets out of her car screaming and starts running into the middle of the road.  Odd.  Another lady, then a man, five, ten people screaming and taking off.  Should I follow them?  I'm so confused and scared at this point.  I look up and there, slowly rolling towards me, is something familiar looking.  Could it be?  Yes it is.  What the hell!  It's about to crash into my car so I get out and run for my life.  It is chasing me.  No one else.  And did it just talk?  Yes it's talking to me as it rolls after me.  I'm trying to make out what it's saying as the wind is whipping through my hair.  

Grateful I didn't wear heels today, I pick up some speed as I feel it gaining on me.  I hear "hurt you".  What?  Oh wait, it's saying it doesn't want to hurt me.  But I keep running.  It will hurt me whether it crushes me or not.  Just one bite, it says.  I stop dead in my tracks.  One bite, I repeat.  I can do that.  I hear the lady next me yelling, NO, don't do it!  Don't cave!  I turn back to the giant chocolate chip cookie that has now slowed down and rests right before me.  One bite and I can end this madness.  Oh how I long for the bite of one chocolate chip cookie.  Oh, I just want it. I want the entire thing. I want to lay on top of it, lick it, and bite it. I want to feel the chocolate melt in my mouth.  

The cookie breaks itself in half to show how it's still warm and gooey inside.  The woman to my right faints in pleasure.  The man behind me starts booking towards it.  NO, I yell.  It's MINE.  All MINE!  I dive in head first and start engulfing the cookie into my mouth.  Oh it's so amazing.  It's orgasmic.  This cookie is making my world right now.  I eat, and eat, and eat until someone produces a giant glass of cold, skim milk and then I eat some more.  This, I think, is the life.  Then I remember my diet and how fat this cookie is already making me. I think about all the wasted days of suffering, the endless workouts I'm ruining.  My stomach starts to ache and jump up writhing in pain.  NOOOOOOO, I yell.  Go away!  Go away, cookie.  You are the love of my life.  I want to eat you all up.  But I need to be healthy now for me and my family. I need to save you for another day, another life.  I start to walk away with my head held high and "the clap" starts from the crowds around me.  The half eaten cookie cries in sadness.  It starts slinking away towards another woman about the lose it.  

I did it.  I gave in for a bit but I did it.  I faced the giant chocolate chip cookie and I came out on top.  Then I wake up with my mouth watering and sigh.  Ugh, damn dreams.  More importantly, damn diet.


1 comment:

Jilly said...

Aww, I am laughing! I literally hadn't scrolled down so I'm reading thinking "What is chasing her?" and then when I scrolled and saw the picture of the cookie I lol'ed. I may not be dreaming about them, but let me tell you, they haunt me too...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...