Friday, March 09, 2012

Kids and Tech plus PB!

This morning Lyla woke up cranky, again.  But I don't blame her. She's got Niagara Falls coming out her nose and has for the last few days.  I don't think there is an inch of her face not covered with crusty snots every morning.  Well, anyways, she got on my bed as I was changing the sheets and I figured as a special treat I'd let her play with the iPad.  The kid knows it better than I do for sure.

She proceeded to put on her Grover book app and read it.  Then she browsed a bit on the other kids apps I put on there for her.  Finally, she found the Netflix app and started a Sesame Street episode.  Then adjusted the volume.  She sat back triumphantly to watch her show was very much indeed content.

I was just sitting there dumbfounded that she was able to do this all by herself with no coaching or help from me.  I supposed every day for the rest of my life I'll be surprised at how well she can take on technology that may be new to me since she'll be growing up with it. She is lucky in a way but also missing out on other things.  I will make sure she knows about the library and Encyclopedias!

And about peanut butter.  Seriously, Skippy should pay us.  We buy it and eat it like it's going out of style.  Every morning, Lyla goes to the cupboard and says peanut butter.  She gives it to me and I make the toast.  Then we sing, peanut, peanut butter - and JELLY!  Lyla likes the jelly part.  And we eat it with our apples for snack.  And we share spoonfuls of this fantastic contraption daily.  Peanut butter, you rock our world.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...