a. I'm not an LA kind of girl - meaning I have not one article of clothing or accessory fit for that city.
b. I can't stand being away from my child for 3 days and nights.
c. I've had to load up on the BS in order to psyche myself up for this big presentation I have to give.
I'm SO nervous and am having a hard time with this entire trip, and I haven't even left yet. I just said goodbye to Lyla and tried really hard to not cry in front of everyone at her school when I dropped her off.
But last night I had to get myself ready to be a professional "big girl" and check everything off my list...
- Scratch off glitter nail polish - almost check (still have a few fingers left to go)
- Replace tye-dye lap top bag with sleek black bag - check
- Pack a suitcase with not anything that I currently own - check (yay for new clothes!)
- Find the makeup bag I never use to pack - check
- Practice walking in heels around my house - check
- Pack my GPS for my rental car - CRAP! I have to go back to the house now...(which is good I suppose since I forgot my toothbrush too...)
(Packing up my laptop, leaving the Starbucks parking lot where I'm currently working in my car because I don't want to smell like coffee, while I wait for it to be time to leave for the airport. Driving an extra 40 minutes is not too bad, right?...)
Good thing I made a list BEFORE I left the house, right?