Friday, October 28, 2011

Today and TV

I have a feeling that today is going to be a "watching sesame street all day" day.  Lyla is just cranky and I just don't care.

All those "experts" lately have been talking about TV and toddlers and how bad it is for them - even if it's educational.  They are saying it has to do with communication.  Kids who watch too much TV are interacting less with their parents therefore it hurts their verbal skills.

BULSH!  Lyla watches about an hour and a half of TV a day.  We have a routine that works. I have to work so the TV is my babysitter sometimes.  But every other minute of the day I'm talking to Lyla, I'm teaching her as much as I can.  She will not have issues with communication because we watch TV in my house.  

So if we are having a bad day - like today - when I have a boatload of work to do and Lyla is super, extra clingy, she's going to have to watch more TV than usual.  And I'm okay with that.  And I don't care what other's think.


1 comment:

Connect4 said...

Based on the way Molly is growing, I can confirm that TV didn't hurt her development (in fact, her verbal skills are pretty amazing), and she on the average day will watch between .5-2 hours.

If you "feel bad" about it, turn on one of the kids music channels and put in some headphones for your own music :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...