Monday, May 02, 2011

We Killed Osama Bin Laden

Osama Bin Laden Warholl StyleImage by Anxo Resúa via Flickr
Disclaimer:  I am a small town stay at home/working mom.  My personal views in no way are necessarily valid.  I am not a terrorist nor do I hold any information on terrorists.  There, now the government won't get mad at me! (hopefully)...

Osama Bin Laden is dead.  So what.

It took the world 10 years to finally end the life of one of the most treacherous terrorists in the world.  We can finally get justice for 9/11.  But what does it get for us?

Does it end terrorism?  No.  Does it make all the terrorists in the world sulk and stop killing?  No.

In fact, I'm sure during the past 10 years, Bin Laden has been grooming someone somewhere to take his place. This person will rise up now.  Terrorism is only going to grow.

We may have killed the leader but have we killed terrorism?  I don't think so.  And I'm scared.

On a side note, I know so many Americans have been fighting for our freedoms in the war on terrorism for years and many have lost their lives. I am also eternally grateful to all of them and their families.  My world would not be safe without them so thank you.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...