Thursday, March 10, 2011

Withdrawal, already

Ash Wednesday was yesterday and each year for Lent I give up something I love.  This year, I decided to go bold and copy a dear friend of mine.  I gave up all bad C-foods (chocolate, cake, candy, cookies, chips, etc).  It's day two and I'm pretty sure I'm going through withdrawal. I have chocolate every day.  Every day. I love chocolate with all my heart. Either chocolate milk, a chocolate mint, chocolate chip granola bar, ack! I can't have any of it!  What was I thinking!  My mouth and my soul are craving chocolate already.  But I will not fail!  I can make it!

Today as I work and dream of chocolate, I'm able to sit with my lap top by the roaring fire.  My cheeks are rosy and my body is warm, finally!  It's freezing in my house!  I am so lucky to be able to work from home by my fire with my daughter by my side.  Yay!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...