Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Count Your Blessings Wednesdays

As the smell of maple bacon floats through the air of my house (I got up early with Lyla and although she went back to sleep, I got to work and then made omelets, toast, and bacon for me and Jared), I sit here and am thankful.  

I am thankful for a lot of things today. For having a kitchen to make breakfast for my family, for being able to work from home, and for having a baby sleeping in (still at 8am!).

I am thankful for food (boy, that bacon still smells good!), for fresh water from our well, and for grocery stores.  I'm grateful I can get in my car and go somewhere to get whatever I may need so very easily.  I'm thankful I live in a country where my needs are met, my freedoms protected, and I feel safe.

Every day I look at my family and am grateful to be with them always.  My husband is here, my daughter is here, and we are healthy.  Although I have complaints and get sad, I am still very lucky and have more than most.  I am lucky, I am happy, and I am grateful.  Thank you, God! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...