Thursday, August 05, 2010

Getting Older, Husbands, Fashion

When I first met Jared, he always was very well put together.  He ironed every bit of his clothing and looked "smart" as the British liked to call it.  He definitely had more style than me.  Of course once I moved in, we got rid of the black jeans, flannel shirts, and all other hideous things I would never go out in public with him in.

Jared has always bought his own clothes and dressed himself.  I don't dare buy him clothes because he probably would complain.  He has good taste overall and most of the things he buys I'm okay with.  But lately, I'm starting to question what has happened to him...

I will admit up front, I am totally not a fashionista; at all.  In fact, most of the time I will call my sister to ask her opinion before I buy something or whenever I'm going out somewhere nice.  I just have no clue on what looks good, cool, or fashionable.  Most of the time, I look frumpy.  I hate to admit it but that's me.  Frumpy...

But even though I may be frumpy, I know how to match and that is where my dear husband has been lacking these days.  I have been totally annoyed with his choice of outfits and I have good reason.  Today he put on his light blue mesh shorts and a forest green t-shirt with stuff on it.  He didn't match at all but he wasn't going anywhere, no big deal.  When we decided to go out for dinner, he changed his shirt at my request to a white polo shirt with orange and brown stripes - remember he's wearing light blue mesh shorts.  Yeah, not okay.  I told him it looked even worse so he told me to pick out a shirt.  I gave him a white, plain shirt and called it a day.

The other day he went to work wearing khaki pants and a green shirt.  Like my friend Betts' says, he looks like a tree.  Jared has these nice brown work pants but he wants to wear an orange shirt with it, gray sweatshirts with it, or a brown shirt.  I'm not sure what happened to him.  Do guys lose their sense of fashion - if they had any - as they get older?  I'm not sure but I'm starting to worry about my guy.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...