Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Count Your Blessings Wednesday

Today I have a lot of things to be grateful for:

  1. Air conditioning.  We had a slight disagreement about the AC last night.  For some reason I'm sweating like a hog these days.  Not sure if it's the extra tire still around my belly or the hormones still freaking out after the baby.  But I'm hot!  Granted I never grew up with AC but having central air in my home is like heaven.  But when the husband wants fresh, warm air instead of fake cold air at night, hell to the no.  I've grown accustomed to the AC so why should I take it away?  Needless to say I won that argument yesterday.  Don't mess with a sweaty, hot momma thank you very much.
  2. Naps.  Lyla is finally getting into a nap routine.  Yay!  I don't care where we are but she is going to take her morning and afternoon nap.  Did I mention I have to put her in her car seat, under my desk, play the rainforest baby music (gag me), and rock her with my foot while I work (or right now while I'm writing...).
  3. The pool.  Lyla LOVES the pool.  Even when I bring her in and it's cold she smiles and is happy.  She even leans back to dunk the back of her head and float on her back.  Yesterday she starting playing for the first time; splashing and kicking around.  It's so cute to watch.
  4. Friends.  I'm so lucky to have all the different friends I have.  
  5. Family.  I'm thankful for my family and all the help they give; especially my parents.
  6. Music.  I love love love music.  It has a way of calming me down, exciting me, and totally changing my mood.  Lately I've been all about the classical music.  It calms me during the chaos that is my life.
  7. Fresh produce.  I have not had a chance to update you on our garden but we have so much growing this year: tomatos, peppers, cucumbers, lettuce, beets, onions, peas, brussel sprouts, squash, zucchini, rhubarb, so many herbs, and lots more.  The salads we've been making with all ingredients from the garden are amazing!  Loving it!  So happy Jared worked so hard on it even with the baby around.
  8. This blog.  I love to write and share my life and I love hearing from all my readers - yeah all 2 of you! :)
  9. Work.  It hurts to leave Lyla one day a week and not be able to pay attention to her 24/7 but it's good for my mind to have adult work and good for our bank account too!  I keep telling Lyla that college is expensive and I have to work.
  10. Jared and Lyla.  My family.  I love them.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...