Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Bond

The attachment is strong.  The bond is bullet-proof.  Nothing and nobody can get to it and ruin it.  The more time goes on, the more tightly sealed it becomes.  Some may say that it is so amazingly bold it makes one weak when alone.  I feel weak.  I feel alone.  I don't feel whole.  I feel empty.  

We were intertwined with blood, cells, and a cord kept us together.  We spent hours and hours together; sleeping together, eating together, growing together.  We spent hours trying to break apart, sadly.  But it only reinforced our bond.  The moment we held each other's gaze, that bond multiplied as did the size of our hearts.  Now every passing day we spend together our love grows and that bond becomes unbreakable.  The bond that today makes me feel weak and alone when I'm without her.  We miss each other but me more so.  

I don't want to miss smiles, laughter, tears, and cuddles.  I don't want to miss a moment of her life.  I don't want the bond to weaken or the attachment to lose it's luster.  I want us to be together always.  i don't like feeling empty; without my sidekick.  I don't like feeling so weak because of our strong attachment.  Absence makes the heart grow fonder so they say, but it also saddens the day.  This day I am without the love of my life.  This day the sun is not as bright.  Today, I'm lonely without her.  But there is always tomorrow and the rest of her life.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...