Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Count Your Blessings Wednesday

Another Wednesday brings another day of stopping life for ten minutes to be grateful for all you have.  To remember the little things and the big things that keep your life happy and blessed.  To actually write these things down so you stop and think about them.  My favorite blog day is Wednesday.  Every day I am thankful for everything in my life but I love the process of writing it down. I just feel so much more blessed.

Today I'm grateful for:

  1. Sunshine.  It's been rainy the last few days so I'm thankful I can see the sun today.  The way it shines off our flowering trees and the pond is spectacular.
  2. I'm grateful for being organized.  In fact you'd probably be sick on how organized I am right now.  When this baby finally arrives, I am ready!  All our bags are packed, my email is drafted and addressed to those I want to let know she's here, my envelopes are already made for birth announcements, mom and dad diaper bags are packed up, and I've been shaving my legs every day in case I go into labor (which is freaking hard!)!  I'm so organized I feel like I may have jinxed myself or something...
  3. Old notes.  Yesterday I was cleaning out the top drawer of my desk.  It's where sentimental things go.  I came across a beautiful note from a friend, a bunch of thank you notes, and a few other special items.  Reading through them brought tears to my eyes.  I moved them to my special box of things to never throw away.  There's just something about old notes that remind me how much I'm loved.
  4. Jared.  I can't possibly go a week without being thankful for my husband.  All the cooking, cleaning, and stuff he's been doing since my belly made it impossible along with the bed rest has been remarkable.  I'm eating well because of him, our house is clean because of him, and I know the first week we're home with the baby, things will stay that way because he'll be here to take care of us.
  5. Bikes!  Our new geeky bikes came in.  I told Jared I want mine painted yellow and want ribbon and a basket on it.  He laughed at me...
  6. The Yankees.  Yes, it's the most wonderful time of the year!  Baseball season is back!  Now that I've had so much free time, I've been able to watch the games and keep track of them so much easier.  I can't wait to take my little girl to a game!
  7. The beach.  Over the weekend, I went to the beach solo with a beach chair and a good book. I sat there on the deserted sand and had the most relaxing few hours I've had in ages (only could last a few hours because of the "I have to pee every hour" factor...). I'm so thankful to live close.
  8. Family and friends.  I'm so grateful for all the love and support and advice. Everyone has been checking in with me to see how I'm feeling and if I've had the baby yet.  They have been wonderful.
  9. Our baby.  She is still moving around like a champ and yesterday she had hiccups that we both felt through my belly. Too cute!  She's way to comfy in my womb but only has two days left.  I Just can't wait to meet her!
  10. Health.  This whole pregnancy has been rough.  I've been in a lot of pain, dealt with a lot of meds, and have not been comfortable at all. I'm just grateful I have my health and I realize things could have been worse.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...