Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Count Your Blessings Wednesday

On this gorgeous day in EL, here is the list of things I'm thankful for today:

  1. The warm weather has arrived!  I'm so thankful for this for 2 reasons:  1.  I can't fit into any shoes at the moment other than flip flops and 2.  There is nothing like a huge patch of bloomed daffodils to make my day.
  2. I'm grateful I had enough Babies R Us gift cards to purchase my very own breast pump at no cost to me.  Have I mentioned enough how grateful I am to all my generous friends and family?  If not, thanks everyone!
  3. I'm thankful my baby is considered full term at this point and she could arrive at any time.  I can't wait to meet her!
  4. I'm grateful I am ready for this baby girl to arrive:
    1. Car seat - check
    2. Birth plan - check
    3. hospital bag - check
    4. Car has a full tank of gas constantly - check
    5. Gigantic maxi pads and depends for when my water breaks and after birth - check (yes I did just by depends at the store and yes I did tell the man with the red face as he scanned them I was waiting for my water to break and yes it was awkward as all hell!)
    6. outfit for baby - check
    7. Instructions for husband - check
    8. baby room ready - check
  5. I'm thankful that I have done all the major tasks at work for when I'm on leave.  It's nice not to be swamped right now and really stressed out.
  6. I'm grateful for Jared who is doing everything at this point since I'm on bed rest.  He feeds me, cleans for me, and takes such good care of me.  I think I'll keep him.
  7. I'm thankful for the Easter Bunny who stocked me up with all the chocolate I could want.  As if I needed to gain any more weight while I sit on my ass all day long...
  8. I'm grateful for clothes fresh from the clothes line.  
  9. I'm thankful for Paul Simon - and if you've been reading my blog for a while, you'll know I have a slight obsession with Paul Simon. I gave him a rest for a while but lately he and I go solo every day all day...  Diamonds on the souls of her shoe - awawa :)
  10. I'm thankful it's April.  It's going to be a good month!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...