Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Dry Shower full of Gifts

This is my guest bedroom on drugs:




Or I mean after my baby shower.

My mother and sister threw me the most spectacular party this past Sunday to celebrate the coming birth of our daughter.  An intimate affair of about 80 of our closest friends and family took place with a variety of games and food.  It was all I ever hope for and more.  I am so not a fan of showers.  They are boring, greedy, and unnecessary (in most cases).  I allowed my mom to throw me one because I never had an official bridal shower.

It was great to see everyone at the shower and everyone was so overwhelmingly generous I really didn't know what to do with myself.  The thank you note on the table, the thank you speech, and the thank you card just don't seem enough.  How can you possibly thank people enough for buying you everything you could possibly need and more for you little girl?  I don't think you can.  And furthermore, how can you thank my sister and mother who did such an amazing job?  Not possible either.  

So this is about the best I can do on top of what I've already done:

Mom and Jodie:  Thank you from the bottom, middle, and top of my heart.  Love you both to pieces!

Everyone:  Thank you so much for your generosity and support of this new life.  We love you all!

Enough of the sappy stuff...

Some photos of the event:



My Gram, my sis, my mom, and the preggars - me (I just had to wear a silly shirt...)



Yeah, they measured my gigantic belly...so kind!



My gram made me this beautiful knitted sweater and cap.



My daughter's first pair of flip flops!  So darn cute!

When all was said and done, we had SO much stuff to fit in our car that Jared made it a mission to do so.  He jam packed it and we fit it all.  It was not fun bringing it all upstairs but we managed.

I started to sort through it but will probably continue doing so all week.


I got five beautiful hand made blankets:  (l-r) My sis made me the NYY one, my friend Cheun made the funky, gorgeous colorful hearts one, my Aunt Paulette, so very talented, quilted the next two and I love them, and my cousin's wife Kelly knitted me the pink one.  I am so blessed!


Here are only some of the clothes.  It looks smaller than it seems but I can probably dress my little girl 4 times a day for an entire year in different outfits!


A basket full of bibs!


On all the tables was this cute centerpiece my mom made.  They look like little cupcakes but are in fact little onesies, socks, pants, little bows all rolled up.  They were just precious and yielded so many cute things for the baby to wear!


Here is some more cupcake centerpieces.

All in all it was a great shower full of wonderful gifts, moments, and fun.  I can say thank you enough.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...