Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Drake's Coffee Cakes


I went to visit a friend during lunch today.  On the way, I saw a Drake's truck in a gas station featuring a giant picture of a box of coffee cakes.  My first reaction was I want a coffee cake now.


On my way back to work I realized I was still hungry.  The only thing I wanted though was a coffee cake.  A Drake's coffee cake.  I stopped at Walgreens - nada.  With tears in my eyes I contemplated giving up.  But decided to go to CVS and try once more.  Zilch.  Devastated beyond belief at this point, I was unsure what to do.  Go back to the office (since I'm 30 minutes past my lunch at this time) or continue on for the quest of that bittersweet coffee cake.  I pulled out of CVS and as if on its own, my car drove right into the 7-11 parking lot.  Once inside, I didn't find a box which I had been hoping for but instead individual, bigger coffee cakes.  My eyes glowed and my mouth shivered at the thought of it.  I was in heaven!  I got only two of them (deciding I'd eat one now and savor the other tomorrow).  

I rushed into my office, grabbed a napkin and washed my hands.  I sat down and stared at it for a few minutes.  I whiffed it's sweet scent.  I picked it up and enclosed in a big bite.  I have never been more happy in my entire life, I thought.  My entire day is made because of that coffee cake.  The mere thought of another one tomorrow makes my mouth water.  Oh the simple pleasures in life!

4 comments:

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

um, i would totally love those.

Anonymous said...

All of your recent posts are making me so hungry! - Jenn

Jessie said...

yeah i can't help it that I'm always hungry or thinking of food!

Michelle Schraudner said...

ooh yum!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...