Wednesday, December 23, 2009

25 Days of Christmas Memories - Day 23

This year I've decided to write a special Christmas memory for the 25 days of Christmas. Each day until Christmas day, I will share a funny Christmas moment, memorable gift exchange, and my happy moments with family.  I hope you enjoy!

23rd Day of Christmas

Growing up we didn't do much on New Year's Day.  It was the last day of vacation before we headed back to reality.  So on New Year's Day one year, my aunt invited us over to her house to hang out with my cousins.  We rarely went over there so I was very excited.  We got to their house and my cousin Chad took us for a walk to the pond down the road to play on.  We didn't have any ice skates so we all just ran around the ice for a while.  It was so much fun!

Chad is over six feet tall and has very long legs.  He would spread his legs and we would slide underneath them.  We were all having a blast with this and I had gone through myself numerous times.  Then the last time I slid under his legs, my head went back too far and I whacked the back of my head on the ice.  I blacked out for a few minutes and awoke with a head ache.  My cousins rushed me back to their house where I proceeded to throw up a few times.  Concerned I may have a concussion, my mom was called and off to the ER we went.  I did end up having a concussion and having to stay the night in the hospital.  Luckily things were okay and I ended up fine.  I like to blame that concussion if I ever am feeling stupid.  Boy was that a way to ruin a fun day playing!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...