Friday, December 18, 2009

25 Days of Christmas Memories - Day 18

This year I've decided to write a special Christmas memory for the 25 days of Christmas. Each day until Christmas day, I will share a funny Christmas moment, memorable gift exchange, and my happy moments with family.  I hope you enjoy!


18th Day of Christmas

I'll never forget our first Christmas in our new house.  Three years ago, we moved into our first home in November.  The day after we moved, I went away for a week for a work event.  When I got back it was almost December and we still had no furniture in our house.  Sadly, Jared's parents could not visit that year so we were going to my mom's for the holiday.  Therefore it didn't matter that we had no furniture, no table/chairs, etc.  Jared insisted we not put up a tree because there was no time or need.  I being the stubborn one I am, had to have my tree!

I pulled out our small, ragged fake tree from the cottage we rented and set it up in the middle of the soon to be living room.  It was the prettiest thing, that tree all dolled up with boxes and crap laying all around it.  It really made our house a home for the first time.  I'm happy to announce we do have furniture now in case you were feeling bad for us!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...