Monday, November 23, 2009

Today I am Thankful for Family

In lieu of my favorite holiday, Thanksgiving, I want to be grateful every day this week, rather just on Wednesdays as I usually do.  Without further ado..

Today I'm grateful for my family.

My husband who works harder than anyone I know, is one who I am eternally grateful for.  Sometimes I only focus on the things he does that frustrate me when I should focus more on all the wonderful things he does for me, in no particular order:  cooks me nutritious meals daily, keeps the yard looking gorgeous, cleans the bathrooms, keeps my car in tip top shape and super clean, takes care of all the things I'm clueless about (the internet, the alarm system, the boiler, the well, okay, just about everything in the basement), steam cleans the carpets, cleans out the kitty litter, to name just a few...

He may be a pain in my butt a lot of the time but he's a good egg overall and I'm always grateful to have him.

My mom and dad are definitely wonderful.  They are a great role model for me as to how I want to raise my children.  I'm thankful for all they do for us, their caring manners, and their excitement for our new baby.  They truly are a blessing each day.

I'm thankful for my brother and sister.  My brother is the happiest person in the world, all the time.  He may aggravate you sometimes with his annoying questions but he is always putting a smile on everyone's face.  My sister and I have gotten more close lately and I think that's cause she reads my blog!  No for real she is just a good kid and will really be somebody some day.  She just better not forget her favorite sister. I'm looking forward to both my siblings being wonderful aunts and uncles.

I'm thankful for my grandparents.  Every day I think about how lucky I am to have them.  I'm lucky to hear their stories and learn from them.  They are two of the most important people in my life and always will be.

I'm grateful for my in laws as I consider them a great addition to my marriage.  We don't get to see them often but when we do, we have a great time together.

I'm thankful for my cousins aunts, and uncles - well the ones I see and talk to often.  Keeping close with big extended families is difficult; especially because we're all over the place.  But those that check in with me and those I see often truly have a special place in my heart.

I really am thankful for having the family I have.  Sometimes it's hard to pretend everything is always hunky dory among the crew.  Some people don't get along with others. This person is having a feud with this one.  This one is not very family oriented and keeps distant.  But all in all, my family is great.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...