Friday, November 20, 2009

To tell or not to tell...

We have come to point in our pregnancy when gender can be found out.  In the past I have gone on adamantly how I do not want to find out the sex of the baby until it is born.  Jared has always been all for finding out.  A compromise had to be made and since I'm usually the one compromising (stupid men) I think we're going to find out.  However as we get near the big event, I'm actually dying to know now.  I want to know if I'll be watching little league baseball games or picking out prom dresses, teaching a son how to treat a woman, or teaching my daughter how to be successful.  I am dying to know!

I can't wait to focus on either boy names or girl names.  I'm looking forward to making a boy nursery or a girl nursery.  I want to buy little red mary janes or my son's first baseball hat (I know I can get a hat for a girl too but at first I want her to be super cute and not mistaken for a boy!).  Next week when we go to the big, ultrasound, I'll be giddy with excitement and nerves.  I want the baby to be healthy and I'll be happy with a boy or a girl.  Either sex will make me the happiest mom around.  

I've told Jared I don't want to know next week though.  I thought it would be fun to have them seal the sex in an envelope to share with everyone on Christmas day.  I think this is a really cute thing to do but of course will either of us be able to wait? And if we do find out next week, should we tell every one right away?  I'm torn about what to do.  

Either way, I'm just so excited to see our baby next week.  I want to watch it move, see it's profile, and get some pictures to share.  It will probably be one of the best days of my life to see my little nugget before it's born.

Wish us luck!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...