Tuesday, November 03, 2009

I plan to celebrate

Today is a sad day for the family as we mark the one year anniversary of the passing of my Uncle Wayne. I can't believe it's been a year already but time sure does fly.

I could be really sad today and dwell on the fact the he's not here and my cousins miss him so much as does my mother and me. Or I could celebrate the time we had with him. So that is what I'm going to do today.

I will remember all the times when I got to see him and he would yell, Jessie Bo! And that time all I wanted for Christmas was this mint green ten speed bike from Bradlees and on Christmas morning, Uncle Wayne was the one who brought it for me. He was cooler than Santa I always thought as a kid. He wasn't just my uncle, he was my Godfather and he always made me feel special with all the dozens of cousins around. I remember visiting him in Orlando when I was there for work and he would go out of his way to make sure I was comfortable or needed anything. I didn't have a car and he'd drive me around to see everyone. He was so considerate and caring. I remember him always sitting our couch with his leg crossed over the other in his infamous style and his hands clasping at his middle. This is how I always see him when I picture him in my mind. Like that and with a big grin is how I remember him the most yelling Bo Jess! I can see him now in heaven swearing how the Yankees are in the World Series and missing every one of us. Uncle Wayne was an important figure in our family and he is greatly missed and will always be.

I'll be thinking of him today and every day for the rest of my life.

2 comments:

...Just Dreaming... said...

My condolescences. I know how grieve can feel like thousands spears entering your heart at the same time. My grandmother passed away 2 years ago and it still feels raw...

Always remember the good, the bad and the ugly. It keeps the memories fresh and every lasting...

Jessie said...

thanks for your kind words :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...