Friday, November 13, 2009

Chesnuts roasting on an open fire...

I may have mentioned this but in case I haven't, I LOVE the holidays!  I have Christmas music blasting by September, I'm picking out gifts all summer long, and my stomach is keenly awaiting Thanksgiving day and my favorite meal of all time.

This year is no different.  I love picking out my Christmas cards and I couldn't wait so badly that I already ordered them!  I've started making CD case calendars as gifts for friends and family and I've gotten most of it done.  I sometimes send out a newsletter with my Christmas cards, and it's written. I have about 10 people to buy for and my spare closet is bursting with gifts.  The best part about presents is wrapping them.  I can not wait until I get to spread all my ribbons, pretty paper, and gifts out to do my lovely wrapping jobs.

I'm not sure why I'm all over Christmas so much this year but it just feels so good to do things for the holidays because it is such a happy time for me.  I've already asked Jared if I can put our tree up and he laughed at me.  I'm anxiously awaiting the home makeover from blah to holiday cheer!  Last year we were in England for two weeks over Christmas and it was pointless for us to decorate or even have a tree.  I was devastated let me tell you.  This year, I'm going all out!  Although Jared doesn't want to get a real tree because I'm useless to help him cut it, carry it to the car, or help get it up in the house.  That makes me sad but any tree will do!

I just have to remember one thing.  I can't wish it was here already because then it will go by too fast.  I want to cherish every part of Thanksgiving and Christmas because it's our last one with just the two of us.  Next year our family will be bigger and we'll have all new traditions and fun.

One thing I'm going to be sure of is that I'm starting my holiday movie fest now.  Holiday Inn and White Christmas are two of my favorites (and yes I'll admit I watch them all year round).  Yay for the holidays!

3 comments:

Carolyn May said...

I really love my calendar that you gave me last year. It sits on my desk and I use it ever day. Am I on the list to get one this year? If not, put me on!!!

Jessie said...

of course you're getting a calendar, CJ! glad you liked it! :)

Anonymous said...

They don't celebrate Christmas in China :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...