Sunday, October 11, 2009

Farwell 1st Trimester...I won't miss you!

So I'm officially in my second trimester, or so I think. Some say it starts after 14 weeks while others say 12. I'm going with 12 so I can get my head to think my nausea and exhaustion are done! The first trimester was full of unfun things (with the exception of knowing I was growing a baby!).

I had my second appointment and all is well! I got to hear the baby's heartbeat - well that's what they told me that sound was... I also go to see how much weight I gained. I was not ready for the answer. One pound. That's right! I could not believe it! I have been eating like a horse and I have only gained one pound. My reasoning is that I'm pretty fat already so yay for that!

I'm excited to head full swing into trimester two and I'm waiting for that day when I get to just wake up and feel great; complete with the sun shining down on me and distance voices ring out "Hallelujah!". Umm, mothers out there reading this, don't disappoint me by telling me this does not happy, okay. I know in my fantasy world it probably doesn't but I don't care anyways! One can dream!

So happy second trimester to me and I'm glad my little nugget is doing well!

1 comment:

MaryBeth said...

You'll be happy to know that the 2nd trimester is usually very blissful for most women; it definitely was for me both times. I think I will always say that I wish I could be 6 or 7 months pregnant forever. It's an awesome time for sure. May your dreams come true. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...