Monday, May 19, 2008

No more Vegas now, I mean it!

There are only so many times one can go to Vegas. I would say being there for my (can't even count, it makes me ill) nth time, I've just about had more than my share of the crazy culture that Las Vegas is.

I just got back from 8 days, not a typo, 8 days in Vegas for my event. It amazes me still after all this time the things people see and do in Vegas. It certainly is different. I had an event at the Mirage. The Mirage is awesome. Not because of it's enormous size, the fact that you can get pretty much anything you want to eat or drink whenever you want, the brand new guest rooms they just had redone or the fact that they have the closest elevator walk to the conference center so far. I just like them because they know me now and are great to work with.

This trip I have to write about because it indeed was a gem. So much more than last year. I mean, last year we had playboy bunnies, blue man group and probably my worst event ever (thanks to a certain someone who doesn't deserve to get mentioned...)

But this year, wow, I can't even describe this year's trip to Vegas without laughing out loud. It was crazy and I left the Mirage 3 times in the 8 days I was there.

Here's to my top ten crazy Vegas 2008 moments (in no particular order):

1. We bought a megaphone. The megaphone mixed with Bob Marley - bad idea. I pretty much took control of that sucker for megaphone karaoke. Sorry co-workers!

2. Visiting Planet Hollywood for a tour of their conference center in the event we want to go there next year. Timing our tour perfectly with America's Got Talent auditions going on. Don't think I've ever seen so many drag queens, future star children and their crazy mothers or other random people in the craziest dress.

3. Going down the elevator with a bridesmaid and a newly married groom (who might I add had just left a room together on my floor). Then the bride calling the groom in the elevator wondering where he is. And the bridesmaid giving him a kinky look asking where his bride is...

4. Definitely more tatas than I've ever seen this time around. There was this one woman whose waist was the circumference of one of my thighs and had knockers bigger than watermelons. I was shocked she could stand up at all without breaking in half.

5. Women and heels. Hello! Are you stupid! Just because you are in the gambling capital of the world, dressed like a hoochie momma, it does not mean you need to wear shoes making you tower over everyone you see and at the same time walking down the strip! My feet hurt just looking at you! Put on some freakin' flip flops or sneakers and call it a day...

6. I go to Vegas for work, not for pleasure. But that does not stop the stares I get for looking like a complete scrub. I would have to say, this trip I've never been so looked at and given dirty looks because I was not in my sluttiest outfit with my ass hanging out and painful high heels. I was wearing sweats and a filthy t-shirt. Give me a break people!

7. Do you think people go to Vegas and act differently than they would on normal circumstances? Or do they all go there and act like complete freaks of nature? Everywhere you look people are high on life, alcohol and God knows what else. They romp around like the city is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I mean honestly, if they acted like this in normal life, they'd be put in a mental institution I believe.

8. Free stuff alert! Just because I work with the hotel staff does not mean that I get free stuff. I'd appreciate if people would stop asking me to get them free Love tickets or free tickets to see Danny Ganns. Hello! If I got free stuff, do you honestly think I'd give it to you before using it for me?

9. This one is funny. I don't even need a full sentence but instead just words: Wynn Hotel, Tryst, 2:00 AM, free cigars, free booze, VIP table and treatment. I so don't fit into Vegas...

10. This is my favorite anecdote from Vegas. Probably one of my worst traveling fears came true. Let's paint the picture: I've worked 16 hours on my feet. I have not slept for the past 4 nights in my hotel room. I closed the door to my room and put the deadbolt over. I lay down and at 11:45 PM I'm almost completely passed out and happy as can be for that matter. I hear people outside my door. The walls are so thin. They are putting their key in a door and I hear (cha-ching). Their door unlocks. Wait, it's my door! They try to open the door but the deadbolt is on and they can't. I jump up in bed (where I'm lying in my nightie and with no covers on). My heart is racing a freakin sprint. I yell, "Hello, what are you doing". I hear a man keep trying to force the door open. Hello! there is a dead bolt, it's not going to work!! He finally hears me and yells, "Sorry, they said this room was unoccupied."

So I'm totally freaked out at this point. Someone has keys to my room and almost just came in. Sitting on my bed, frozen with my heart thumping a million beats per second (convinced I was going to have a heart attack). It took me a few minutes to realize I should probably call the front desk. When I told them what happened they were very apologetic and would call me back when they figured out what happened. After 30 minutes of me trying to calm down, they called and said they made a clerical error. A new set of keys were brought to my room and I was able to go back to sleep. Or in my case, sit there in horror thinking it would happen again. Scared the shit right out of me. Holy crap!!

And that is my top ten list.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...