Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Home Sweet Home, God Only Knows

I must say that Jared has done something amazing and our lawn has risen from the dead. It is greener than the crayon box greens (all shades). He was pretty frighten at the beginning of spring when it was not too green and the neighbors were showing us up. But now, he did some squirting of something, some spreading of something and a few other things and viola! It's a greener than green.

What is with men and their lawns? Always trying to show each other up. Always trying to get theirs the perfect shade of green, not too light but not too dark. Cutting it to the perfect height so that it's not too high but not too short either. Every morning, before taking your bathroom break, you stand by the window, gaze over it, glance to the neighbor, than back at yours; always wondering whose is better. The funniest part is the mowing. If men have rider mowers, just look at their faces when they are mowing. It is priceless! They are like kids at a candy store (see exhibit A). They always have a huge smile on their face like it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Exhibit A


Yesterday, I came home from a long day in the office and drove up my driveway to see Jared smiling away on his big boy mower. As I drove up, I noticed a new edition to our garden. I couldn't help smiling. I got out of the car and Jared came running over as I check it out. He asked me if I liked it. I was staring at this arch sign in the garden with a "Home Sweet Home" sign with a little birdy on it. I was shocked that he had bought this sign. He said that there was a new garden store and it had caught his eye. I couldn't help but laugh at the thought of Jared buying this cutsie sign for our yard. It made me smile, that's for sure. I would never have picked it out but I do like it.



The girls at work got me into the HBO show Big Love. Love the show! It's about this polygamist family in Utah. The sing the beach boys before the show starts too which is even cooler...

1 comment:

Maureen Girard said...

I used to think that men were just competitive but then I realized that it's really a territorial thing that goes back to neanderthal days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...